Tree Felling or Tree Cutting
Pks covers all types of felling / tree cutting from one off precision felling to complete woodland clearances or woodland paths. We have all types of specialist gear ie winches, full range of professional saws which can tackle any tree cutting job, also tractors with forwarding units with timber cranes to move /clear large amounts of timber, for fire wood or planking. Also tractor mounted chippers which can harmonize the brash as a natural woodland floor. Not forgetting the teams with years of experience and trained to highest standard.
Pks tree division is trained in the latest arboreal techniques and use the highest standard equipment to create the finish you wish for your tree, all tpo/conservation areas paper work is sorted out for you when quote has been won. Meeting with local tree officer will be notified with tree work which is caried out, also meetings may be requested.
- Thin – where light can be let though the tree without changing shape or size and has no or very little reaction growth
- Reduction – where a tree may need limbs or complete size change because of rot, damage, grown to big for area/site, light problems or die back
- Pollarding – in extreme cashes or creating a pollarding head to keep tree a pacific size or if a reduction is not enough.
- Complete removal – if tree has died or got a disease and will not take any of the above. Will completely be taken down to ground level.
Roadside tree maintenance
From road side grass banks to full mature tree we cut and control all road side areas. With latest road to bank cutting equipment ie; flail, bank mowers, strummers and traffic control. All highways have to be clear for lorrys and pedestrians to walk/drive safely. 24/7 call out is available for emergencies concerning vegetation across or danger to highways. Traffic management may be used if no safe working is available all will be assessed at each site.
Pks forest division will take any form of maintenance, first thin to create an open/clear forest, second to take more mature trees or dying/diseased to help healthier and more stabilized forest to grow, down to the clearance of unwanted vegetation on forest floor, will chip any branches to create a habitat on forest floor for wildlife, and can extract timber or leave if more habitat is wanted. Coppicing can be used as well if requested.
We specialise in tree felling and removal from one tree to hundreds, from wind blown to tree failure. Small orchard to complete forest removal, every aspect of clearance.
Using the latest technology and equipment to clear areas safely and easily. Wood and chipping all cleared up and taken away. With minimal impact on the environment. Stump grinding/removal is available on all jobs as you require.
Stump removal is possible on almost any stump with the right equipment and skill from a small shrub to a fully mature oak PK Services has the know how, we can hire in any equipment we may not have for 1 day or weeks. We use the highest standard in skills for all our jobs, we use only the best equipment and strand for stump grinding , tree surgery, forest management/removal, grass cutting, spraying 24/7 call out on all vegetation needs. PKS has the skills and now how to complete any job or request you or your clients may have.
PKS tree division
We offer free quotations and advice, undertake all aspects of tree work, both domestic and commercial, at prices that can only be achieved by a small local business.
- Tree removal, repollarding, limes removed to allow access or to clear buildings.
- Tree Removals and Works to facilitate Development In-house teams specialise in the rapid clearance of all parts of all trees from sites without the need for burning.
- Using specialist equipment we maximise efficiency and offer a high level of Health, Safety and Environmental Compliance.
These are the main priorities in our mission to impress and retain commercial clients.
PKS tree divisions have many years of arboricultural experience and are trained and qualified to NPTC standards, with all our work being carried out in guidance with BS 3998.
We also take pride in being able to tip prune large mature trees as you can see by our before and after photos.
We are always aiming to “Da Vinci” the trees. Reducing as hard as possible for the species of tree but without jeopardising the natural tree shape which only a very small percentage of tree surgeons can actually achieve.
This approach provides our client with the peace of mind that the sub contractor interface will not delay the programme or increase costs unnecessarily. Ecologists can be provided where required to carry out habitat watching briefs and the following habitat mitigation services are offered;
- Bat and Nesting Bird inspections
- EPS( European Protected Species) Inspections
- Deadwood Strapping and Piling
- Reptile and Badger Fencing
- Destructive Searches with ecologist in attendance
- Tree Protection Fencing